Developed as a support system for students at all levels, the Writing Center collaborates with students to develop confidence and good reading and writing habits through a number of services:
– Individualized reading support to improve comprehension
– One-on-one assistance with specific writing assignments, scholarship essays, cover letters, and résumés
– Workshops and individual tutoring sessions
– Published Tip Sheets and handbooks
– Support for second language learners (see below)
– Instructional videos (coming soon)
Scheduled appointments are preferred and can be set up by emailing email@example.com.
Students should bring all assignment materials with them to the appointment, including the syllabus, assignment directions, writing guides, and/or any notes taken from verbal directions. It is preferred that students receive review in person, but exceptions may be made.
To be considerate to other students, please be on time. If you become unable to attend your scheduled appointment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to reschedule.
The Writing Center will follow-up with the appropriate instructor after each meeting. The services of the Writing Center are intended to support and complement the writing tasks required by our instructors.