Transfer Information


Dunwoody accepts course credits from other regionally or nationally accredited higher education institutions. Transfer evaluations done by other institutions are not accepted. Only course work earned at the institution issuing the official transcript will be evaluated. Courses will be considered for transfer if they meet the following criteria.

  1. Send official transcripts from all previously attended colleges to Admissions department.
  2. Registrar’s Office evaluates official transcripts for potential transfer credits.
  3. Students will be notified of their evaluation via their Dunwoody email address.

Students may be asked to provide a syllabus listing the course description and competencies of coursework.

Students can see the transfer credits on their Academic Plan and Dunwoody transcript at Transfer courses will have a grade of TR. Transfer credits will not be computed into cumulative GPA. However, they will impact student’s Satisfactory Academic Progress pace for completion.


  • The course(s) under consideration must be comparable in nature, content and level to a course offered by Dunwoody.
  • The minimum grade for transfer coursework is a grade of C except for the following:
    • Biology, anatomy and physiology for Health Sciences programs need to have a minimum grade of B.
    • Certain technical courses will need a minimum grade of B depending on the department requirements.
  • Only these specific credits taken within the last 5 years will be reviewed:
  • Technical
  • Mathematics
  • Health care specific biology, anatomy, and physiology
  • Only software-specific classes taken within the past 3 years will be reviewed.
  • Technical transfer credits for the Radiologic Technology program will not be accepted.
  • Experiential Learning such as study abroad, independent study, workshops, field experience, and internships may or may not transfer, depending on the level and the comparability of the learning experience.
  • Upper division credit transfer can be only accepted if courses were in upper division at the previous institution.


International transcript evaluation follows all previous requirements as well as the below requirements:

  • The institution at which the student earned course credit and the course for which transfer is under consideration must be reviewed and approved by an international credential evaluator such as World Education Services (WES) and Educational Credential Evaluators Inc. (ECE)
  • The evaluation is done at the student’s expense.
  • The student must obtain and furnish to the College an official evaluation (course-by-course report) completed by the international credential evaluator.