Personal Information & Privacy
CHANGE OF ADDRESS/PHONE NUMBER/NAME
You can fill out a change of address form in the Registrar’s Office or email to email@example.com. If you have legally changed your name, complete a change of name form and submit to the Registrar’s Office with documents supporting the name change.
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974, commonly known as FERPA, is a federal law designed to protect the privacy of student education records. With few exceptions, all student education records are considered confidential and may not be released without written consent of the student. This protection for college education records begins when the student enrolls in a higher education institution, regardless of the student’s age. A paper copy of this information is available upon request.
FERPA Provides Students With Specific Rights:
- Inspect and review the educational records within 45 days of the day the College receives a request for access.
- Request amendment of the educational records that you believe are inaccurate or misleading.
- Consent to disclosure of personally identifiable information contained in the education records, except to the extent that FERPA authorizes disclosure without consent.
- File a complaint with the U.S. Department of Education concerning alleged failures by the College to comply with the requirements of FERPA. The name and address of the office that administers FERPA is:Family Policy Compliance Office
U.S. Department of Education
400 Maryland Avenue SW
Washington, D.C. 20202-4605
RELEASE OF DIRECTORY INFORMATION
The primary purpose of directory information is to allow the College to confirm attendance for employers, health insurance companies, and loan agencies. Dunwoody College of Technology may disclose appropriately designated “directory information” without written consent, unless you have advised the College to the contrary in accordance with the procedures below. If you choose not to release directory information, all communications with all third parties and agencies will need to be done through filling out consent to release education records form in the Registrar’s Office.
The College defines directory information to include the following:
- Student name
- Telephone listing
- Dunwoody electronic mail address
- Hometown (if provided by student)
- Enrollment Status (e.g. full or part-time) and course enrollment
- Dates of attendance
- Course of study
- Degree(s) earned
- Honor list status or other awards received
- Participation in officially recognized events
- The most recent educational agency or institution attended
- Photographic, electronic, or video images if only taken with the consent of the student or if student appears in photograph or video taken in public area of campus for legitimate educational reasons