Paying for College

Links: Making Payments | Frequently Asked Questions | Glossary of Common Terms

Welcome. We’re excited that you’ve been admitted to Dunwoody — or are continuing your educational journey with us. Paying tuition/fees is a necessary, but often confusing and difficult part of the college process. This page contains the process for finding funds for and continuing to pay for college as well as contact information for the key offices that students work with: Financial Aid, Bursar and Accounting. The links above will also help you understand the terms and processes

Apply for Financial Aid

1. Apply for a PIN (

  • The PIN number is your electronic signature for the FAFSA and other federal forms you will complete online.  You will need to remember this number.

2. Complete the FAFSA (

3. Get Admitted to the College and be assigned a Dunwoody email address

4. Check Dunwoody email

  • Some students will be required to turn in additional documentation to the school.  Check your Dunwoody email for notification of missing forms for your financial aid.
  • Once complete, you will receive an email with your Award Letter showing the financial aid that you are eligible for along with any additional steps you need to complete.

5. Confirm your financial aid is complete and all funding has posted to your account.  Log into to check if any financial aid items are missing or incomplete.  Contact the Financial Aid office with any questions.


AccessReady tab

Being prepared for college is important.

The choices you make about how you pay for school have a long-term impact, so it’s important to understand your options and make smart decisions today that will help you in the future.

That’s where AccessReady comes in.  AccessReady is a valuable resource that can help you prepare for college.

Best of all, AccessReady is a free service provided to help students and families.


Note: For 2013-14 forms, visit the Financial Aid Office.

Sources of Funding


  • From your own funds (or cash gifts from parents, etc.)


  • Federal:  The FAFSA will determine your eligibility for the Federal Pell Grant.  The maximum Pell Grant award for the 13-14 academic year is $5645.
  • State:  The FAFSA and MN State Eligibility Questionnaire will determine your eligibility for the MN State Grant (amounts vary).


  • Internal:  Several companies offer scholarships to specifically Dunwoody incoming and current students during two application periods each academic year. Check your Dunwoody email account for notifications of when the application periods open. Download a list of Dunwoody internal scholarships (PDF)
  • External:  Download a list of national scholarships that are not specific to Dunwoody but some or all of our students are eligible for.


  • Federal: The FAFSA will determine your federal loan eligibility. For more, visit
    • Subsidized: $3500 1st year students; $4500 2nd year student
    • Unsubsidized:  $2000 for dependent students; $6,000 for independent students
    • Plus: The Parent PLUS Loan is an option given to dependent students only. This is a Federal loan that a parent can apply for in their name to help cover the cost of school. To apply for this loan parents should visit
  • Alternative:  Alternative loans are an option to help cover a balance if federal aid is not enough to pay for school.  These loans are applied for by the student, generally with a co-signer. The FASTChoice website can help you find a lender.
  • RepayReady: We want you to be successful in repayment and that’s why we are providing RepayReady, a student loan website that includes repayment counseling.RepayReady can help you…RepayReady tab
    • learn what repayment options are available
    • organize student loans from all of your lenders
    • find postponement options
    • determine ways to lower your monthly payment
    • put together a unique repayment strategy


Work Study provides part-time jobs for students with financial need allowing them to earn money to help pay education expenses.  You must complete a FAFSA to determine if you are eligible for work study.

For eligibility, please check your Award letter or see the Financial Aid Department. Open Work Study positions can be found on the Employment at Dunwoody page.


Dunwoody is a Yellow Ribbon School. For more information, see the Financial Aid for Veterans page as well as our Guide to Military and VA Education benefits (PDF).

Access your Billing statement

Tuition is due the first day of the term. Billing statements are available to access through your account.

  • Go to the Finances tab and click on the statement link.
  • In the drop down on the left, select a statement date, and then click view.
Access your Financial Aid award letter

Your award letter will be emailed to your Dunwoody email address.  Please review and sign a copy accepting or declining your award and return to the Financial Aid Department.

Bill vs. Award

Make sure you verify the difference between your bill in and the amount on your award letter that you have been awarded for that term in Financial Aid. If the amount deducted from your balance does not reflect all anticipated Financial Aid, please contact the Financial Aid Office.  If there is a remaining balance, please see the Bursar’s Office to set up a payment plan.

Track Your Schedule

Please review your schedule to identify your total credits per semester and how it affects your financial aid.

  • 12 or more credits – Full time student
  • 9 – 11 credits – 3/4 time student
  • 6 – 8 credits – Half time student
  • Less than 6 credits – Less than half time student (If a student has less than six credits, then they are not eligible for loans and it may affect their grant eligibility.)

The Financial Aid Office at Dunwoody College of Technology is a member of NASFAA, the National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators. We abide by NASFAA’s Code of Conduct for Institutional Financial Aid Professionals (PDF).

Accounting: 612-381-8228
Financial Aid: