Learn to perform the various welding, cutting and fabrication processes required in a 21st-century manufacturing facility. Earn a Welding Technology certificate in only two semesters or combine two highly skilled trades into a Welding & Metal Fabrication associate’s degree by taking an additional year of training in Dunwoody’s state-of-the-art machine shop.
The program’s curriculum is closely aligned with standards set forth by the American Welding Society (AWS) and the National Institute of Metalworking Skills (NIMS).
Your classes will include:
– Oxygen-fuel welding and cutting
– Shielded metal arc welding (SMAW-stick)
– Gas metal arc welding (GMAW-MIG)
– Gas tungsten arc welding (GTAW-TIG)
– Plus coursework in machining for those who complete the associate’s degree
In combination with your core curriculum, you will also take Arts & Sciences courses. Through these courses, you will enhance your communication, mathematics and critical thinking skills, making you a valuable asset in the job market.
Dunwoody’s Welding & Metal Fabrication program features:
– A state-of-the-art welding lab featuring equipment from industry partners like Miller and Lincoln Electric.
– Access to Dunwoody’s American Welding Association chapter. All faculty members are AWS-certified welders and students are encouraged to join the local AWS student chapter.
– The opportunity to compete in SkillsUSA welding competitions and AWS Behind the Mask competitions.
– Build your resume by joining one of the College’s student clubs and organizations and using your education to gain real-world experience outside the classroom.
Associate’s degree students earn an associate of Applied Science degree; the program takes two years (four semesters) to complete. Graduates from the certificate program earn a certificate; the program takes one year (two semesters) to complete.
A degree from Dunwoody gives you the hands-on education to start a successful career right after graduation.
Common career titles our students can earn after graduation include:
Recent employers hiring graduates with welding certificates and associate’s degrees include:
– Tennant Company
– Caterpillar, Inc.
– GE Power & Water
– Chart Industries, Inc.
– Protofab Engineering
Data reflects placement for AY2014-15 graduates indicating employment in their field of study within 6 months following graduation. Full data calculations are available for review during College open hours Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. CT at Career Services or contact email@example.com.
SOURCE: Based on May 2014 State Occupational Employment and Wage Estimates for the state of Minnesota published by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, www.bls.gov.