INDUSTRIAL ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY (BACHELOR’S COMPLETION DEGREE)
Take your career to the next level by completing a bachelor’s degree in Dunwoody’s Industrial Engineering Technology program. This 2 + 2 bachelor degree completion option will provide you with the skills and theoretical knowledge needed to advance in your industry as a skilled engineer.
PROGRAM PLACEMENT RATE: 100%
Data reflects placement for AY2015-16 graduates indicating employment in their field of study within 6 months following graduation. Full data calculations are available for review during College open hours Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. CT at Career Services or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Complete a bachelor’s degree at Dunwoody
Have a two-year degree in a manufacturing-related field? Graduates from such programs as engineering drafting, machining, electronics, and robotics are eligible to transfer into Dunwoody’s bachelor’s completion degree in Industrial Engineering Technology. Take courses in the evening and gain the degree and skills needed to move from technician positions into engineering roles at your company.
Your classes will include:
- Advanced mathematics
- Manufacturing processes
- Engineering economics
- Lean manufacturing
- Six Sigma
- Industrial automation
- Operations management
- Simulation modeling using Simio software
In combination with your core curriculum, you will take Arts & Sciences courses. Through these courses, you will enhance your communication, mathematics and critical thinking skills, making you a valuable asset in the job market.
Dunwoody’s Industrial Engineering Technology program features:
- Dunwoody’s Engineering Materials, Mechanics and Metrology Lab boasting the latest technologies from industry partners like Zeiss, MTS, Stratasys, and Haas.
- A capstone project that combines the knowledge learned in the first three semesters to solve problems in a real-world setting.
- Access to additional professional seminars through Dunwoody’s Institute of Industrial Engineers student chapter.
- Instructors with real-world experience in Industrial Engineering.
- Access to a state-of-the-art CNC machine shop, welding and fabrication shop, electronics engineering lab, and robotics lab
The Industrial Engineering Technology degree is accredited by the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission (ETAC) of ABET, abet.org.
Graduates earn a Bachelor of Science degree; the program takes two years (four semesters) to complete for a full-time student. Classes in this program are offered during the evening. You can also take classes part-time.
Common Job Titles
Common career titles our students earn after graduation include:
Recent employers hiring graduates with an Industrial Engineering Technology degree include:
-Cardiovasular Systems, Inc.
HR professionals give students an inside look at hiring process
- Automated Systems & Robotics
- Design for Manufacturing: 3D Printing
- Electronics Engineering Technology
- Electronics Technology
- Engineering Drafting & Design
- Industrial Controls & Robotics
- Industrial Engineering Technology (Bachelor's completion degree)
- Machine Tool Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Right Skills Now for Manufacturing (CNC)
- Welding & Metal Fabrication