Have a two-year degree in a manufacturing-related field? Graduates from such programs as engineering drafting, machining, electronics, and robotics are eligible to transfer into Dunwoody’s bachelor’s completion degree in Industrial Engineering Technology. Take courses in the evening and gain the degree and skills needed to move from technician positions into engineering roles at your company.
Your classes will include:
– Advanced mathematics
– Manufacturing processes
– Engineering economics
– Lean manufacturing
– Six Sigma
– Industrial automation
– Operations management
– Simulation modeling
In combination with your core curriculum, you will take Arts & Sciences courses. Through these courses, you will enhance your communication, mathematics and critical thinking skills, making you a valuable asset in the job market.
Dunwoody’s Industrial Engineering Technology program features:
– Dunwoody’s Engineering Materials, Mechanics and Metrology Lab boasting the latest technologies from industry partners like Zeiss, MTS, Stratasys, and Haas.
– A capstone project that combines the knowledge learned in the first three semesters to solve problems in a real-world setting.
– Access to additional professional seminars through Dunwoody’s Institute of Industrial Engineers student chapter.
– Instructors with real-world experience in Industrial Engineering.
– Access to a state-of-the-art CNC machine shop, welding and fabrication shop, electronics engineering lab, and robotics lab.
Graduates earn a Bachelor of Science degree; the program takes two years (four semesters) to complete for a full-time student. You can also take classes part-time.
A degree from Dunwoody gives you the hands-on education to start a successful career right after graduation.
Common career titles our students earn after graduation include:
– Manufacturing Engineer
– Industrial Engineer
– Process Engineer
– Quality Engineer
Recent employers hiring graduates with an Industrial Engineering Technology degree include:
– Parker Hannifin
– St. Jude
– Graco Inc.
– MTS Systems Corporation
Data reflects placement for AY2013-14 graduates indicating employment in their field of study within 6 months following graduation. Full data calculations are available for review during College open hours Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. CT at Career Services or contact email@example.com.
SOURCE: Based on May 2014 State Occupational Employment and Wage Estimates for the state of Minnesota published by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, www.bls.gov.