This hands-on degree is offered in the evening, allowing you to balance classes with a daytime job. With an Industrial Controls & Robotics degree, you will be ready to launch your career to the next level in automated manufacturing. You can earn either a certificate or an associate’s degree in this program.
Your classes will include:
– Basic electricity and electronics
– Mechanical systems
– Electronic sensors
– Programmable logic controllers (PLCs)
– Industrial robotics
– Motion-control systems
– Advanced packaging and manufacturing systems
These courses are aligned with standards set forth by:
– Packaging Machinery Manufacturers Institute (PMMI)
– Institute of Packaging Professionals (IoPP)
– Robotics Industry Association (RIA)
– National Fire Protection Association (NFPA)
– Instrumentation Society of Amera (ISA)
In combination with your core curriculum, you will also take Arts & Sciences courses. Through these courses, you will enhance your communication, mathematics and critical thinking skills, making you a valuable asset in the job market.
Dunwoody’s Industrial Controls & Robotics program features:
– An advanced Industrial Controls and PLC lab featuring the latest equipment from industry partners like Allen Bradley, Cognex, and Banner.
– A Fanuc-certified industrial robotics lab featuring seven articulated robotic arms and machine vision systems.
– Award-winning student clubs and organizations like the Robotics Technology Club give students opportunities to see theoretical knowledge in action such as preparing to compete in a yearly Autonomous Snow Plow competition.
Graduates earn an associate of Applied Science degree; the program takes two years (four semesters) to complete.
A degree from Dunwoody gives you the hands-on education to start a successful career right after graduation.
Common career titles our students earn after graduation include:
– Maintenance Mechanic
– Controls Engineer
– Field Service Engineer
Recent employers hiring graduates with an Industrial Controls & Robotics degree include:
– Delkor Systems
– PaR Systems
– Open Systems International
Data reflects placement for AY2013-14 graduates indicating employment in their field of study within 6 months following graduation. Full data calculations are available for review during College open hours Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. CT at Career Services or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
SOURCE: Based on May 2014 State Occupational Employment and Wage Estimates for the state of Minnesota published by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, www.bls.gov.