With an Engineering Drafting & Design degree from Dunwoody, you will gain the hands-on skills and theoretical knowledge to launch a career designing, drafting, or inspecting manufactured products.
Your coursework will include:
– In-depth study of both SolidWorks and Creo Parametric (industry-standard 3D modeling software)
– Product design theory and lab
– Process and tool design
– Prototyping and tool design using 3D printing
In combination with your core curriculum, you will also take Arts & Sciences courses. Through these courses, you will enhance your communication, mathematics and critical thinking skills, making you a valuable asset in the job market.
Dunwoody’s Engineering Drafting & Design program features:
– Courses leading you to obtain a Certified SolidWorks Associate (CSWA) certification.
– Dunwoody’s Engineering Materials, Mechanics and Metrology Lab which includes three Stratasys 3D printers capable of printing in 9 different polymers and 13 different colors, along with the latest technologies from other industry partners like Zeiss, MTS and Haas.
– Hands-on design projects like these weed whip and golf putter assignments come to life using real manufacturing materials and processes to gain experience in the prototyping process.
– Collaborative projects with several other programs at Dunwoody including Machining, Welding, Interior Design and Architecture. This will give you experience working with a multi-functional team to see a project from start to finish.
– Award-winning student clubs and organizations like Engineering Designers Gaining Excellence (EDGE) give students opportunities to see theoretical knowledge in action.
Graduates earn an associate of Applied Science degree; the program takes two years (four semesters) to complete.
A degree from Dunwoody gives you the hands-on education to start a successful career right after graduation.
Common career titles our students earn after graduation include:
– Design Drafter
– Engineering Designer
– Engineering Technician
– Mechanical Designer
Recent employers hiring graduates with an Engineering Drafting & Design degree include:
– Activar, Inc.
– EJ Ajax Metalforming Solutions
– MTS Systems Corporation
– Tooling Science, Inc.
Data reflects placement for AY2014-15 graduates indicating employment in their field of study within 6 months following graduation. Full data calculations are available for review during College open hours Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. CT at Career Services or contact email@example.com.
SOURCE: Based on May 2014 State Occupational Employment and Wage Estimates for the state of Minnesota published by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, www.bls.gov.
3D printing: more than just modeling
Engineering Drafting & Design students prepare for industry with a hands-on capstone project
Students design and build weed whip prototypes using Stratasys 3D printers
Snow Devil 1012 team earns third place in Autonomous Snowplow competition