With an Engineering Drafting & Design degree from Dunwoody, you will gain the hands-on skills and theoretical knowledge to launch a career designing, drafting, or inspecting manufactured products.
Your coursework will include:
– In-depth study of both SolidWorks and Creo Parametric (industry-standard 3D modeling software)
– Product design theory and lab
– Process and tool design
– Prototyping and tool design using 3D printing
In combination with your core curriculum, you will also take Arts & Sciences courses. Through these courses, you will enhance your communication, mathematics and critical thinking skills, making you a valuable asset in the job market.
Dunwoody’s Engineering Drafting & Design program features:
– Courses leading you to obtain a Certified SolidWorks Associate (CSWA) certification.
– Dunwoody’s Engineering Materials, Mechanics and Metrology Lab which includes three Stratasys 3D printers capable of printing in 9 different polymers and 13 different colors, along with the latest technologies from other industry partners like Zeiss, MTS and Haas.
– Hands-on design projects like these weed whip and golf putter assignments come to life using real manufacturing materials and processes to gain experience in the prototyping process.
– Collaborative projects with several other programs at Dunwoody including Machining, Welding, Interior Design and Architecture. This will give you experience working with a multi-functional team to see a project from start to finish.
– Award-winning student clubs and organizations like Engineering Designers Gaining Excellence (EDGE) give students opportunities to see theoretical knowledge in action.
Graduates earn an associate of Applied Science degree; the program takes two years (four semesters) to complete.
A degree from Dunwoody gives you the hands-on education to start a successful career right after graduation.
Common career titles our students earn after graduation include:
– Design Drafter
– Engineering Designer
– Engineering Technician
– Mechanical Designer
Recent employers hiring graduates with an Engineering Drafting & Design degree include:
– Activar, Inc.
– EJ Ajax Metalforming Solutions
– MTS Systems Corporation
– Tooling Science, Inc.
Data reflects placement for AY2013-14 graduates indicating employment in their field of study within 6 months following graduation. Full data calculations are available for review during College open hours Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. CT at Career Services or contact email@example.com.
SOURCE: Based on May 2014 State Occupational Employment and Wage Estimates for the state of Minnesota published by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, www.bls.gov.
Engineering Drafting & Design students prepare for industry with a hands-on capstone project
Students design and build weed whip prototypes using Stratasys 3D printers
Snow Devil 1012 team earns third place in Autonomous Snowplow competition
MDES students visit Modern Metals Foundry Inc. for putter casting project