AUTOMATED SYSTEMS & ROBOTICS
Prepare yourself for employment in the manufacturing industry by earning an Automated Systems & Robotics degree from Dunwoody. Get hands-on experience with mechanical systems, programmable logic controllers (PLCs), and industrial robotics.
PROGRAM PLACEMENT RATE: 100%
Data reflects placement for AY2015-16 graduates indicating employment in their field of study within 6 months following graduation. Full data calculations are available for review during College open hours Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. CT at Career Services or contact email@example.com.
Experience Automated Systems & Robotics at Dunwoody
With an Automated Systems & Robotics degree from Dunwoody, you will be well-positioned for a successful career maintaining the latest in automated manufacturing, packaging, and industrial robotics systems.
Dunwoody’s competitive program curriculum is aligned with standards set forth by:
- Packaging Machinery Manufacturers Institute (PMMI)
- Institute of Packing Professionals (IoPP)
- Robotics Industry Association (RIA)
- National Fire Protection Association (NFPA)
- Instrumentation Society of America (ISA)
In combination with these industry practices, you will also take Arts & Sciences courses that will enhance your communication, mathematics and critical thinking skills, making you a valuable asset in the job market.
Dunwoody’s Automated Systems & Robotics program features:
- An advanced Industrial Controls and PLC lab featuring the latest equipment from industry partners like Allen Bradley, Cognex, and Banner.
- A Fanuc-certified industrial robotics lab featuring seven articulated robotic arms and machine vision systems.
- Award-winning student clubs and organizations like the Robotics Technology Club give students opportunities to see theoretical knowledge in action such as preparing to compete in a yearly Autonomous Snow Plow competition.
Graduates earn an associate of Applied Science degree. The program takes two years (four semesters) to complete. You can also go on to earn a bachelor’s completion degree in Industrial Engineering Technology.
Common Job Titles
Common career titles our students earn after graduation include:
-Field Service Engineer
Recent employers hiring graduates with an Automated Systems & Robotics degree include:
-Westinghouse Electrical Corporation
DUNWOODY TEAMS WIN THIRD AND FIFTH AT 7TH ANNUAL AUTONOMOUS SNOWPLOW COMPETITION
Industry partner Graco donates InvisiPac System to Dunwoody's Robotics & Manufacturing Department
- Automated Systems & Robotics
- Design for Manufacturing: 3D Printing
- Electronics Engineering Technology
- Electronics Technology
- Engineering Drafting & Design
- Industrial Controls & Robotics
- Industrial Engineering Technology (Bachelor's completion degree)
- Machine Tool Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Right Skills Now for Manufacturing (CNC)
- Welding & Metal Fabrication