MnPALS is our online Library catalog. It is a portal that provides Internet access to our print and eBook catalog as well as the online catalogs of all of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities, and many private college and university libraries, state government libraries, public libraries, and special libraries statewide; this access enables students to do catalog searches of our Dunwoody Library or any of the other PALS consortium libraries.
SEARCH the Dunwoody catalog*
*Search other libraries in the MnPALS catalog by scrolling through the ‘Select a Location’ drop down box.
eBooks in the Catalog
You can access eBooks on the Dunwoody Catalog by clicking on the title of the book to get to an extended description; then scroll down to Internet – Click to access this online resource. This will enable the downloading option.
Additional information on checking out and downloading eBooks:
- Search for eBooks on the EBSCOhost eBook Database Collection
- Search and download eBooks (PDF) to your desktop, using Adobe Digital Editions, 1.7.1 or higher, through Internet Explorer or Firefox
- Download and search eBooks on a mobile device, using EBSCO eBooks app from Google Play or iTunes
Where is it on the shelf?
Our print book collections are organized by subject, using the Dewey Decimal Classification System. It is a proprietary library classification system first published in the United States by Melvil Dewey in 1876; it has been revised and expanded through 23 major editions, the latest issued in 2011. Call numbers on the books spines correspond to the major Dewey classes.
The Ten Major Dewey Classes:
- 000 Computer Science, Information and General Works
- 100 Philosophy – Psychology – Logic – Ethics
- 200 Religion
- 300 Social Sciences – Sociology – Statistics – Economics – Law – Education
- 400 Language – Writing
- 500 Science – Mathematics – Physics – Chemistry – Earth Sciences and Geology
- 600 Technology – Engineering – Management and Public Relations – Manufacturing – Manufacturing for specific uses – Building and Construction
- 700 Arts & Recreation – Landscaping – Architecture – Drawing and Decorative Arts – Painting – Graphic Arts – Photography – Computer Art – Music – Sports, Games and Entertainment
- 800 Literature
- 900 History & Geography