You will learn to create images of internal organs, bones, and tissues that are used to diagnose medical problems. Working in both classroom and lab settings, you will learn the latest in imaging technologies, including digital X-rays and CT scans. You will also complete rotations in a variety of clinical settings where you will work directly with patients and physicians.
Dunwoody’s Radiologic Technology program features:
– Small class sizes, which means you have more face-time with patients during clinical rotations than any other Radiologic Technologies program in the Twin Cities area.
– All students complete a rotation at North Memorial Hospital, which provides you with unique learning experiences such as fluoro imaging and Emergency Room imaging procedures.
– Dunwoody has partnerships with 10-15 hospitals and clinics in the Twin Cities, which provides for a variety of clinical experiences.
– On-campus demonstration x-ray equipment means you can become familiar with using imaging equipment before you begin your clinical rotations.
To apply for the Radiologic Technology program, you will need to complete a Radiologic Program Application packet in addition to your application to Dunwoody:
Graduates earn an associate of Applied Science degree; the program takes two years (four semesters) to complete.
With your Radiologic Technology degree, you are ready to be employed as a radiologic technician right away.
Common job titles our students earn after graduation include:
– Radiologic Technologist
– Mammography Technologist
– MRI/CT/Interventional Technologist
Recent employers hiring graduates from Dunwoody’s Radiologic Technology program include large hospitals and other healthcare clinics including:
– Hennepin County Medical Center
– Park Nicollet Clinics
– Fairview Southdale Hospital
– Sanford Health
– Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare
Data reflects placement for AY2014-15 graduates indicating employment in their field of study within 6 months following graduation. Full data calculations are available for review during College open hours Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. CT at Career Services or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
SOURCE: Based on May 2014 State Occupational Employment and Wage Estimates for the state of Minnesota published by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, www.bls.gov.