With one of the only Pre-Media Design degrees in the Midwest, Dunwoody offers a unique experience allowing students to learn real-world skills such as image capture and editing, production workflow, digital asset management, and package layout and design. Students build a portfolio of professional work, including digital and print projects. These skills will smoothly transition them into a successful career as a Pre-Media Specialist, Structural Designer or other pre-production and technical support positions for advertising and design agencies, printing companies and packaging and display companies.
Dunwoody’s Pre-Media Design program features:
– Small class sizes, allowing our students ample time with both the instructors and the printing equipment.
– A State-of-the-Art digital press and packaging design facility, complete with a Xerox iGen4™ Diamond Edition digital press and Esko Kongsberg V20 cutting table.
– Instruction on a Mac OSX system using the Adobe Creative Suite, giving students experience with industry standard tools and software.
– A Pre-Media Technologies Industry Internship, partnering our students with working professionals to develop technical skills and professional behavior through monitored, on-the-job work experience.
Graduates earn an Associate of Applied Science degree; the program takes two years (four semesters) to complete. The classes are offered during the day beginning each Fall.
With your Pre-Media degree you are ready to be employed in the media production industry.
Common job titles graduates from this program earn include:
– Prepress Technician
– Structural Designer
– Photo Retoucher
– Color Management Specialist
Graduates are prepared to pursue several career paths including:
– Package design
– Interactive content development
– Workflow automation.
Recent Employers seeking Dunwoody graduates from this program include brand production agencies and inspection, verification, testing and certification companies like:
– Central Package & Display
– Liberty Carton
– Imagine! Print Solutions
Data reflects placement for AY2014-15 graduates indicating employment in their field of study within 6 months following graduation. Full data calculations are available for review during College open hours Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. CT at Career Services or contact email@example.com.
SOURCE: Based on May 2014 State Occupational Employment and Wage Estimates for the state of Minnesota published by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, www.bls.gov.
Dunwoody’s Pete Rivard becomes AIGA MN Director of Education
Pre-Media Technology student wins First Place in Cardboard as Art Competition
Dunwoody Design & Graphics Technologies students work in industry before graduation
2015 CAD table installed for Dunwoody design students