With one of the only Pre-Media Design degrees in the Midwest, Dunwoody offers a unique experience allowing students to learn real-world skills such as image capture and editing, production workflow, digital asset management, and package layout and design. Students build a portfolio of professional work, including digital and print projects. These skills will smoothly transition them into a successful career as a Pre-Media Specialist, Structural Designer or other pre-production and technical support positions for advertising and design agencies, printing companies and packaging and display companies.
Dunwoody’s Pre-Media Design program features:
– Small class sizes, allowing our students ample time with both the instructors and the printing equipment.
– A State-of-the-Art digital press and packaging design facility, complete with a Xerox iGen4™ Diamond Edition digital press and Esko Kongsberg V20 cutting table.
– Instruction on a Mac OSX system using the Adobe Creative Suite, giving students experience with industry standard tools and software.
– A Pre-Media Technologies Industry Internship, partnering our students with working professionals to develop technical skills and professional behavior through monitored, on-the-job work experience.
Graduates earn an Associate of Applied Science degree; the program takes two years (four semesters) to complete. The classes are offered during the day beginning each Fall.
With your Pre-Media degree you are ready to be employed in the media production industry.
Common job titles graduates from this program earn include:
– Prepress Technician
– Structural Designer
– Photo Retoucher
– Color Management Specialist
Graduates are prepared to pursue several career paths including:
– Package design
– Interactive content development
– Workflow automation.
Recent Employers seeking Dunwoody graduates from this program include brand production agencies and inspection, verification, testing and certification companies like:
– Central Package & Display
– Liberty Carton
– Imagine! Print Solutions
Data reflects placement for AY2013-14 graduates indicating employment in their field of study within 6 months following graduation. Full data calculations are available for review during College open hours Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. CT at Career Services or contact email@example.com.
SOURCE: Based on May 2014 State Occupational Employment and Wage Estimates for the state of Minnesota published by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, www.bls.gov.