PROGRAM PLACEMENT RATE:*
*This is a new program; The first graduating class will be in May of 2020.
Data reflects placement for AY2015-16 graduates indicating employment in their field of study within 6 months following graduation. Full data calculations are available for review during College open hours Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. CT at Career Services or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Experience Mechanical Engineering at Dunwoody
Interested in entering the field of engineering as a Mechanical Engineer and working to become a licensed professional engineer? Our Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering is a traditional engineering degree that also draws on Dunwoody’s strength in hands-on learning. Coursework is project-based so that theoretical engineering principals are reinforced and experienced through hands-on creation and problem-solving. Teamwork and professionalism is also emphasized.
Your classes will include:
- Engineering design
- Manufacturing materials
- Project management
- Basic industrial processes
- Advanced mathematics
- Manufacturing processes
- Statics/dynamics/finite analysis
Graduates are prepared to pass the Fundamentals of Engineering Exam, the first step in becoming licensed professional engineers (PEs).
In combination with your core curriculum, you will also take Arts & Sciences courses. Through these courses, you will enhance your communication, mathematics and critical thinking skills, making you a valuable asset in the job market.
Dunwoody’s Mechanical Engineering program features:
- Dunwoody’s Engineering Materials, Mechanics and Metrology Lab boasting the latest technologies from industry partners like Zeiss, MTS, Stratasys, and Haas.
- Small class sizes will give you the chance to work closely with experienced instructors and network with your cohort as you move through the program.
- Build your resume by joining one of the College’s student clubs and organizations and using your education to gain real-world experience outside the classroom.
- An engineering coop or senior project will allow students to showcase their engineering skills in the real world.
Graduates earn a bachelor of science degree; the program takes four years (eight semesters) to complete. Classes in this program are offered during the day.
Common Job Titles
Common career titles our students can earn after graduation include:
-HVAC Design Engineer