Gain the capacity to become a licensed, practicing Interior Designer with Dunwoody College’s Interior Design bachelor’s degree program. Build your portfolio, develop and pitch design proposals, and experiment with colors and materials in our extensive design library.
PROGRAM PLACEMENT RATE: 100%
Data reflects placement for AY2015-16 graduates indicating employment in their field of study within 6 months following graduation. Full data calculations are available for review during College open hours Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. CT at Career Services or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Experience Interior Design at Dunwoody
Students in Dunwoody’s Interior Design program focus on both residential and commercial design. Using design theories, interior materials, and computer-aided drafting, you will create and present unique design plans to peers, industry professionals, and potential clients.
Career-focused courses like
- Interior Design Careers
- Small Commercial Studio
- Travel Study
- Project Management
- Global Design
…will help you enhance your design and project management skills. You will also use all facets of the design process to complete a capstone project in your final semester.
Additional benefits of Interior Design include:
- Opportunities to study abroad, increasing your exposure to cultural and global design. Previous students have traveled to Spain, Italy, and France
- Access to a state-of-the-art Fabrication Lab, providing you with hands-on learning opportunities and the ability to create and test prototypes and product concepts
- Cross-departmental training, including shared projects with Dunwoody’s Architecture, Graphic Design, Pre-Media Technologies, Construction Management, and Engineering Drafting & Design programs
- Extensive study of Revit, AutoCAD, and Adobe Creative Suite software, used at most Interior Design firms.
- Participation in Student Design competitions, allowing you to build your resume and portfolio, while also gaining recognition in the design community
- Student organizations like Interior Design Student Society (IDSS), which serve as fun and valuable extracurricular activities
Dunwoody’s Interior Design program is a four-year Bachelor of Science degree program accredited by the Council for Interior Design Accreditation. The College accepts transfer students into years 2 and 3 of the program.
Interior Design retention rate Fall 2015 semester to Spring 2016 semester: 87.5%
Interior Design 2012 cohort graduation rate: 63.64%
Placement rate for Spring 2015:
IDSN = 100%
Dunwoody overall = 98.8%
Accepted into Graduate Programs:
1 applied; 1 accepted
Graduates earn a Bachelor of Science degree. The program takes four years (eight semesters) to complete. Classes within this program are offered during the day.
COMMON JOB TITLES
Possible job titles upon graduation include:
-Junior Interior Designer
-Space Store Planner
Companies that hire our graduates include: