Dunwoody College combines classroom lecture with real, hands-on experience. You will learn to read blueprints; conduct load calculations; design warm air systems; understand mechanical and fuel gas codes; and perform proper installation techniques, all in on our on-campus HVAC labs.
– HVAC Ducts & Fittings
– Cooling Systems
– Heating Systems
– Residential HVAC Design
– Residential HVAC Installation
– Commercial Blueprint Reading
…provide hands-on training in servicing, troubleshooting and repairing both residential and commercial HVAC systems.
Because of the high demand for graduates in this field, students receive internship opportunities from HVAC firms after their first year in the program.
HVAC Excellence, the largest provider of certification in the HVACR industry, has accredited all of Dunwoody’s HVAC programs. This certification ensures that Dunwoody’s programs meet or exceed industry standards for quality technical education.
Additional benefits of Dunwoody’s HVAC Installation & Residential Service program include:
– One-on-one face time with local employers, who will provide you with insights on career opportunities, what to expect in industry, and what types of employees they are looking for.
– An OSHA 10 Construction Safety & Health training card to students who successfully complete 10 hours of OSHA 10 safety training. This card is recognized nation-wide.
– EPA Section 608 Certification by Esco Institute, which allows you to legally handle refrigerants, universally.
– Extensive study and use of the Lockformer plasma cutter, an industry standard for fabrication shops in the HVAC field.
– Site visits and tours to manufacturing firms like Greenheck and Uponor, allowing you to learn from experienced professionals in your field.
– Student clubs and organizations like Dunwoody’s ASHRAE Student Chapter and American Society of Plumbing Engineers (ASPE), providing you with opportunities to attend conferences, network, and build your résumé.
Graduates earn an Associate of Applied Science degree. The program takes two years (four semesters) to complete. Classes within this program are offered during the day. You can also go on to earn a bachelor’s completion degree in Construction Management.
Common Job Titles
Possible job titles upon graduation include:
– Controls Installation
– Service Technician
Companies that hire our graduates include:
– Centraire Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc.
– B&D Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning
– Honeywell International, Inc.
– Standard Heating & Air Conditioning
Data reflects placement for AY2013-14 graduates indicating employment in their field of study within 6 months following graduation. Full data calculations are available for review during College open hours Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. CT at Career Services or contact email@example.com.
SOURCE: Based on May 2014 State Occupational Employment and Wage Estimates for the state of Minnesota published by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, www.bls.gov.