WEB PROGRAMMING & DATABASE DEVELOPMENT
Learn how to create well-coded, aesthetically pleasing and user-friendly websites and apps at Dunwoody College of Technology. In two years, you will earn your associate’s degree in Web Programming & Database Development and gain the capacity to become a software engineer, programmer, web technician, or analyst developer.
PROGRAM PLACEMENT RATE: 93%
Data reflects placement for AY2015-16 graduates indicating employment in their field of study within 6 months following graduation. Full data calculations are available for review during College open hours Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. CT at Career Services or contact email@example.com.
List of program requirements & course descriptions (pdf)Experience Web Programming & Database Development at Dunwoody
Dunwoody’s Web Programming & Database Development program will provide you with the skills and knowledge necessary to build and maintain useful cross-device apps and websites, including sophisticated database-driven applications.
The degree emphasizes a well-rounded education in open source and proprietary languages and database systems so that you graduate with a diverse set of skills and numerous career paths.
Through lecture, hands-on demonstration, and individual practice, you will learn scripting languages; data retrieval; coding practices; logic programming; data structures; and operating systems, including Windows and Linux/Unix development.
- Web Development
- Programming Fundamentals
- Business Architecture (including Agile)
- Web Graphics
- Open Source Software
- Database Systems
… are combined with technical writing, communication and math courses designed specifically for computer students.
Additional benefits of Dunwoody’s Web Programming & Database Development program include:
- Ongoing integration of cutting-edge technologies into the program, keeping you up-to-date and ahead of the curve.
- Use of gaming and robots to help teach real-world applications.
- Opportunities to work on real projects for real clients, allowing you to build your résumé and portfolio before graduation.
- Instruction from industry-experienced and education-focused instructors, who have years of practice working in the fields you hope to enter.
- Student clubs like Dunwoody’s Gaming Community and Open Source Group, which serve as fun and valuable extracurricular activities.
- Access to computer labs with projectors and whiteboards for displaying and editing code. Students have access to a local web/cloud server access for creating, deploying, and testing databases and database driven websites.
- All students lease a laptop with software for web and database development, including Adobe Creative Cloud, Eclipse IDE for Java Developers, Komodo Edit, and Microsoft Office, Project, SQL Server, Visio, and Visual Studio.
Graduates earn an Associate of Applied Science degree. The program takes two years (four semesters) to complete. Classes within this program are offered during the day. You can also go on to earn a bachelor’s completion degree in Computer Systems Analysis.
COMMON JOB TITLES
Possible job titles upon graduation include:
-Agile Business Analyst
Companies that hire our graduates include:
-Design Ready Controls
-United Health Group