Learn how to create well-coded, aesthetically pleasing and user-friendly websites and apps during Dunwoody’s evening Web Development associate’s degree program. In two years, you will gain the capacity to become a software developer, web designer, content manager or web developer.
PROGRAM PLACEMENT RATE: 80%
Data reflects placement for AY2015-16 graduates indicating employment in their field of study within 6 months following graduation. Full data calculations are available for review during College open hours Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. CT at Career Services or contact email@example.com.
Experience Web Development at Dunwoody
Work during the day? The Web Development program offers all of its courses in the evening so that you can gain the skills and knowledge necessary to generate and maintain useful mobile applications and website databases.
Using a combination of content lectures, hands-on demonstration, and individual practice, you will focus on scripting languages; data retrieval; coding practices; logic programming; data structures; and operating systems, including Windows and Linux/Unix development.
The degree emphasizes a well-rounded education in open source and proprietary languages and database systems so that you graduate with a diverse set of skills and numerous career paths.
- Programming Fundamentals
- Business Architecture
- Databases Philosophy & Practice
- Web Publishing
… are combined with technical writing, communication and math courses designed specifically for computer students.
Additional benefits of Dunwoody’s Web Development program include:
- Ongoing integration of cutting-edge technologies into the program, keeping you up-to-date and ahead of the curve.
- Use of gaming and robots to help teach real-world applications.
- Opportunities to work on real projects for real clients, allowing you to build your résumé and portfolio before graduation.
- Instruction from industry-experienced and education-focused instructors, who have years of practice working in the fields you hope to enter.
- Student clubs like Dunwoody’s Gaming Community and Open Source Group, which serve as fun and valuable extracurricular activities.
Graduates earn an Associate of Applied Science degree. The program takes two years (four semesters) to complete. Classes within this program are offered during the evening. You can also go on to earn a bachelor’s completion degree in Computer Systems Analysis.
COMMON JOB TITLES
Possible job titles upon graduation include:
Companies that hire our graduates include: