While at Dunwoody, you will study data communications; client and server operating systems (such as Microsoft Windows and Linux); virtualization technologies; networking technologies (including wireless networks and Cisco©); and IT security issues. By the end of your two years, you will be able to provide actual technical solutions to all kinds of business operating needs.
Career-based courses like:
– Computer Systems
– Network Fundamentals
– Web Development
– Routing & Switching
– Open Source Software
…are combined with technical writing, communication and math courses designed specifically for computer students.
Additional benefits of Dunwoody’s Computer Networking Systems program include:
– Ongoing integration of cutting-edge technologies into the program, keeping you up-to-date and ahead of the curve.
– Training on troubleshooting and maintaining Local Area Networks (LANs), Wide Area Networks (WANs), and internet connections.
– Numerous hands-on projects using both virtualization technologies and real-world industry grade equipment.
– Student clubs like Dunwoody’s Gaming Community and Open Source Group, which serve as fun and valuable extracurricular activities.
Graduates earn an Associate of Applied Science degree. The program takes two years (four semesters) to complete. Classes within this program are offered during the day. You can also go on to earn a bachelor’s completion degree in Computer Systems Analysis.
Common Job Titles
Possible job titles upon graduation include:
– IT Support
– Network Technician
– IT Administrator
– Application Engineer
– Technical Support Representative
Companies that hire our graduates include:
– Bridgewater Bank
– Advantage Management Corporation
– Best Buy
– Insignia Systems, Inc.
– SFM Mutual Insurance Company
Data reflects placement for AY2013-14 graduates indicating employment in their field of study within 6 months following graduation. Full data calculations are available for review during College open hours Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. CT at Career Services or contact email@example.com.
SOURCE: Based on May 2014 State Occupational Employment and Wage Estimates for the state of Minnesota published by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, www.bls.gov.