Why a career in Heating/Air Conditioning Systems Design?
- Long term growth in energy saving technologies
- Heating, Ventilating & Air Conditioning (HVAC) jobs are staying here and not going overseas
- Career possibilities are increasing each year
- You can work almost any place in the world
What you should know about a career in the Heating/Air Conditioning Systems Design field:
- Every building and home world-wide has someone who designs a heating and/or air conditioning system for it. The market demand for these design skills is real.
- There is a growing need for persons to evaluate, create and renovate new and existing HVAC systems to achieve energy savings in our homes and businesses.
- Buildings and homes account for about 40% of the total energy consumption in the U.S. (DOE 2010 Building Energy Databook)
What the Dunwoody Heating/Air Conditioning Systems Design program can do for you:
- Prepares you for a long term, rewarding career in a growing, fast paced multi-billion dollar industry.
- Provide a quality program recognized by the industry and employers for over 50 years that results in excellent placement opportunities and starting salaries.
- Train you in the technical knowledge required to utilize mechanical engineering skills to design and produce working drawings of HVAC systems.
- Provide the skills you need to perform heating and cooling load calculations, HVAC equipment selections and energy analysis manually and with current industry software programs.
- Give you the ability to be productive the very first day of your career.
What kinds of positions are available for you?
- HVAC Mechanical Designer -design HVAC, plumbing, piping or fire protection systems for commercial and residential buildings.
- Estimator- Mechanical Contracting firm-Submit pricing of HVAC designs for construction projects.
- Project Manager- Supervise the construction and installation of HVAC equipment on building projects.
- Sales and Marketing-represent various HVAC products and equipment to the HVAC industry for use in design and installation.
- Inspectors-Persons employed to ensure that standards and regulations are followed as stated by codes or government agencies.
What is the future outlook for persons employed in the Heating/Air Conditioning Systems Design field?
- Jobs in the HVAC industry are predicted to increase in the 21st century as demand grows for industrial, residential and commercial climate control systems that save energy.
- Continued construction and renovation of residential and commercial buildings requires more individuals who understand the design and operation of HVAC systems.
- Technical jobs are one of the fastest growing segments of the economy. The HVAC industry offers well-paying careers. A secure future awaits you!
- Long term sustainable design (green building) occupations will continue to be in demand well into the future. (Click here for more information)