Bachelor of Science in Applied Management
The Bachelor of Science in Applied Management degree is designed for graduates of Dunwoody College of Technology and other technical colleges who have earned an A.A.S. and wish to advance their careers.
The Bachelor of Science in Applied Management degree is designed to enhance the student’s existing technical education by providing managerial and business courses. The degree is also designed to enhance the student’s business education through general education course work that provides the skills required to assume managerial and leadership positions within his/her chosen industry.
The degree is structured as an articulation program which provides upper division course work required to complete the baccalaureate. For many of Dunwoody students, a two-year degree is just the start. Dunwoody’s revolutionary 2+2 concept means every graduate of a Dunwoody two-year Associate degree program is automatically qualified to be admitted into one of our breakthrough Bachelor degree-completion programs if they would like to continue their education.
That means Dunwoody students can start their career after just two short years and then begin working on their Bachelor’s whenever they’re ready. And because our courses – the second part of the 2+2 – are taught evenings andweekends, online, and during the day, students have a options to fit most any schedule. And some employers may help fund a portion of the costs of the Bachelor's completion program.
Combine general business and management education with a specific industry focus to prepare students to advance their careers by moving into management and leadership roles in the industry.
- Demonstrate analytical and critical thinking skills applicable to management of a technical business or industry
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate clearly using business and management terminology
- Apply human resource concepts to manage professional and business environments
- Value diversity and apply diversity concepts to function in today’s global business climate
- Demonstrate skill in the use of technology and computer software applications needed to function in today’s high tech business environment
- Apply ethical practices as a manager or supervisor
- Demonstrate leadership skills needed to plan, organize, and manage a business enterprise
- Function in team settings to solve problems and make decisions
This program is 90 credits and can be completed in two years if the student follows the course plan. Classes are offered week nights, weekends, and summer classes. A fully online option is also available as is a concentration in Management Information Systems.
Send this page to a friend