AUTOMOTIVE SERVICE TECHNOLOGY
Graduate from Dunwoody’s Automotive Service Technology associate’s degree program with the skills necessary for a successful career in automotive repair. In two years, you will be qualified to work at any number of leading auto body shops and dealerships.
PROGRAM PLACEMENT RATE: 100%
Data reflects placement for AY2015-16 graduates indicating employment in their field of study within 6 months following graduation. Full data calculations are available for review during College open hours Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. CT at Career Services or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Experience Automotive Service at Dunwoody
Dunwoody’s Automotive Service training was one of the first programs offered when Dunwoody College was first established in 1914. This demonstrates the program’s long heritage and experience in Automotive Education.
While at Dunwoody, you will receive both classroom and hands-on training in all aspects of automotive diagnosis and repair.
The College’s automotive training facility has cutting-edge diagnostic tools and numerous service bays. Here you will work on a variety of vehicles and static displays that include both late model imports and domestics–many of which were donated directly from the manufacturers.
- Brakes, Steering & Suspensions
- Electrical & Electronic Principles
- Engine Repair
- Automatic Transmissions
- Accessories, Heating & Air Conditioning
- Engine Performance
… are revised frequently, ensuring you are completely up-to-date with the latest models and newest technologies.
The National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation (NATEF), the branch of ASE which certifies and accredits automotive education programs, has accredited the College’s Automotive Service Technology program in all areas of service and repair.
Additional benefits of Dunwoody’s Automotive Service Technology program include:
- Internship opportunities, providing you with a chance to integrate your learning, network, and further develop your skills.
- Preparation for ASE certification tests in eight skill categories.
- Training from ASE-certified Instructors, which means you will learn from professionals who have worked in the industry and hold current ASE certifications.
- Use of all Dunwoody lab tools and materials throughout the program, free of charge, which means you won’t need to purchase supplies in order to participate in the classroom.
Graduates earn an Associate of Applied Science degree. The program takes two years (four semesters) to complete. Classes within this program are offered during the day. You can also go on to earn a bachelor’s completion degree in Applied Management.
Common Job Titles
Possible job titles upon graduation include:
-Automotive Service Technician
-General Service Technician
-Light Duty Technician
Companies that hire our graduates include:
-Morrie’s Minnetonka Subaru
-Superior Service Center
For additional information on automotive career paths and current job openings, visit http://carcareers.org/.