Since Honda and Dunwoody’s partnership began, Dunwoody has trained many successful Honda/Acura technicians—many of whom are working and advancing at the dealership where they interned.
Because of this long history of success, Dunwoody’s Honda/Acura Professional Auto Career Training Program (PACT) program has received several awards from American Honda, including an award for being one of the best Honda PACT automotive schools in the nation.
While at Dunwoody College, you will train specifically on current model Honda and Acura vehicles. With guidance from our Master ASE Certified Honda Instructor, you will also master automotive systems like:
– Computer Controls
– Hybrid/Green Technologies
– Natural Gas Vehicles
– AWD/Four Wheel Drive
– BUS Communication
– Enhanced vehicle safety systems
Added benefits of Dunwoody’s PACT program include:
– A paid internship, at a sponsoring Honda/Acura dealership or independent training facility.
– Training from an ASE-certified Master Instructor, which means you will learn from professionals who have worked in the industry and hold current ASE certifications.
– Access to new and rare vehicles from Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) vehicles to an Acura TSX, all of which were donated by the manufacturer itself, specifically for student training.
Graduates earn an Associate of Applied Science degree and certifications in 10 categories of Honda Repair, which will allow you to work at any Honda Dealer throughout the nation. Graduates are also prepared to take various ASE tests.
The program takes two years (four semesters) to complete. Classes within this program are offered during the day. You can also go on to earn a bachelor’s completion degree in Applied Management.
Common Job Titles
Possible job titles upon graduation include:
– Maintenance & Light Repair (MLR) Technician
– Auto Line Technician
– ASE Certified Technician
Companies that hire our graduates include:
– 8 Metro Area Honda Dealers
– 3 Metro Area Acura Dealers
Dunwoody Honda PACT graduates are working in Honda facilities from Minneapolis, Minnesota, to Bangkok, Thailand.
Data reflects placement for AY2013-14 graduates indicating employment in their field of study within 6 months following graduation. Full data calculations are available for review during College open hours Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. CT at Career Services or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
SOURCE: Based on May 2014 State Occupational Employment and Wage Estimates for the state of Minnesota published by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, www.bls.gov.