President Rich Wagner
A Message from President Wagner
Thanks for your interest in Dunwoody College of Technology. As you consider the various programs we offer, I want to assure you of one thing, regardless of which one you choose: you will learn the skills you need to get a good job and build the foundation for a rewarding, lifelong career.
How do we do this?
- We work closely with local industry to keep our programs up-to-date and responsive to the current and future needs of Minnesota’s top employers. Dunwoody alumni helped build the Upper Midwest and now form a global community of leaders and problem-solvers.
- We provide an applied education that teaches the theoretical while providing hands-on application in labs and facilities that simulate the workplace. That means Dunwoody graduates are ready to make a contribution from their very first day on the job – which is why our graduates are so highly sought after. Dunwoody students learn real-world skills and build a work ethic and problem-solving abilities that are prized by business and industry.
- Our faculty have real-world experience and are passionate about their chosen field of instruction. Many of them are certified at the highest level available in their field. We also take a student-focused approach, with our Elftmann Student Services Center providing tutoring, supplemental instruction and support all along the way.
- Our ties with industry mean that our lab equipment is top-notch. For example, Haas Automation Inc. entrusts CNC machines to our Machine Tool Technology program and Honda, Toyota and Chrysler all provide vehicles and free auto information to our Auto programs.
- Dunwoody’s status as a not-for-profit, private, regionally-accredited college that has a 95-year track record of putting out graduates who can be trusted to do the job right adds that extra something to your resume.
I know the value of a technical education: I started out in a traditional college, but soon realized that it wasn’t for me so I enlisted in the Navy. There I experienced the value of hands-on training, small classes and committed faculty and learned I had a passion for teaching. That led me to Dunwoody where I started out as an electrical instructor. All along the way — as an instructor, then department director, then dean and now president — I’ve experienced faculty, staff and industry partners who share William and Kate Dunwoody’s original vision for this unique place — the only not-for-profit, private technical college in the Upper Midwest. The Dunwoodys’ desire was to provide, “for all time”, a place where persons of diverse backgrounds can be given learning opportunities that prepare them for “the better performance of life’s duties.”
Whether you’re seeking a technical certificate or an associate or bachelor’s degree, I am confident that Dunwoody will provide you with the best technical education around. I hope you’ll strongly consider one of our programs.
Rich Wagner, Ph.D.
President, Dunwoody College of Technology